The Mindful Kin Bedtime Activity Cards are a set of twenty simple and fun mindfulness-based activities written for children (from preschool age up through primary school).
These mindfulness-based activities are designed to be built into your child’s bedtime routine, to help them to:
- Relax and be calm
- Be kind towards themselves and others
- Develop an ethos of gratitude
- See their worries with a little perspective
- Gain a better understanding of their thoughts and feelings.
The activities require no preparation or resources (other than the odd toy from your child’s bedroom!)
How can mindful activities help children?
- Mindfulness teaches children how to relax and be calm
- Mindfulness teaches children that it is okay to experience a wide range of emotions
- Mindfulness teaches children to be kind to themselves and others
- Mindfulness helps children to put their worries into perspective
- Mindfulness helps children to appreciate the world around them
The cards are printed on high quality gloss card to help protect them from mucky fingers and come in a sturdy box.
ABOUT MINDFUL KIN
Sal Gould founded Mindful Kin after seeing the positive impact mindfulness can have on young children through her work as an early years primary school teacher. Her passion is sharing ideas and tips for supporting children’s mindfulness skills and wellbeing. She has used her experience of practising mindfulness with children and her training in mindfulness and child development to put together her favourite activities in the form of activity cards. Mindful Kin tools are currently being used with great success all over the world by families, teachers, university lecturers who specialise in mental health, childcare providers, therapists and group leaders.