The Mindful Kin Activity Cards are a set of twenty simple and fun mindfulness-based activities written for children (from preschool age up through primary school). Suitable for the whole family to do together, the activities help children to learn about:
- The world around them through being ‘in the moment’
- Their thoughts and feelings, and how to manage them appropriately
- A range of relaxation techniques
Some of the cards include thought (and conversation) provoking questions to help you to delve a little deeper.
How can mindful activities help children?
- Mindfulness teaches children how to relax and be calm
- Mindfulness teaches children that it is okay to experience a wide range of emotions
- Mindfulness teaches children to be kind to themselves and others
- Mindfulness helps children to put their worries into perspective
- Mindfulness helps children to appreciate the world around them
The cards are printed on high quality gloss card to help protect them from mucky fingers and come in a sturdy box.
ABOUT MINDFUL KIN
Sal Gould founded Mindful Kin after seeing the positive impact mindfulness can have on young children through her work as an early years primary school teacher. Her passion is sharing ideas and tips for supporting children’s mindfulness skills and wellbeing. She has used her experience of practising mindfulness with children and her training in mindfulness and child development to put together her favourite activities in the form of activity cards. Mindful Kin tools are currently being used with great success all over the world by families, teachers, university lecturers who specialise in mental health, childcare providers, therapists and group leaders.