This is a four week-long self-study online course, it begins when you join. After purchasing you will receive an email to signup and you can commence when it suits you. If you are purchasing as a gift, you’ll be sent a gift card.
How Meditation Can Help You
You want to spend less time getting bogged down in your overthinking and quieten your whirlwind of a brain. It’s when you’re lost in your head, going over and over the same thoughts without getting to a solution, when you start each thought with ‘what if’, that you can feel stressed and overwhelmed.
Learning to untangle yourself from the myriad of thoughts plays a crucial part in calming yourself. Through meditation you become aware of your thoughts without being entangled within them. It’s through this awareness that you can unstick yourself from whirring thoughts, soothe your nerves and calm your overthinking brain.
The parasympathetic nervous system is activated by meditation, calming and soothing you by slowing the heart rate and lowering blood pressure. Studies by Stanford and Harvard Universities show that meditation can reduce the reactiveness of the amygdala (responsible for the fight or flight feeling) and so lower stress levels.
During The Course You Will
- Examine what meditation is, the misunderstandings around it and its relationship with mindfulness
- Discover how, as an overthinker, you can benefit from meditation
- Look at when to use meditation in everyday life as well as in daily practice
- Troubleshoot challenges to beginning a new meditation habit
- Focus on creating a consistent, sustainable meditation practice that works within your life and calms your overthinking mind
- Hear from several women who share their experience of creating a regular meditation practice around their busy work and family lives
- Begin with a simple three minute meditation, alternating with different styles of meditation (stationary and active) and gently experimenting with meditating for up to ten minutes by the end of the course
What You’ll Receive
- Access to the private online classroom where you’ll find the lessons available to you at the start of each week
- Ten guided meditations (nine audio and one video), delivered in stages so you don’t feel overwhelmed, and which include moving as well as sitting meditations
- Interviews with women sharing their experience of making meditation a part of their busy work and family lives
- A resource library to support you in maintaining your newly established practice including practical tips from real life meditators, worksheets, recommended apps and more
- Twice weekly emails to support and keep you on track
- The option to listen to the lessons as well as read them
This is a self-study course so you can take it at your own pace without feeling pressured. Time can be a challenge to establishing a meditation habit so the lessons are a manageable size and the guided meditations are only a few minutes long.
Gabrielle Treanor is a certified coach, writer and teacher. She has spent a considerable chunk of life researching and experimenting to find out how we can live with more ease, joy and contentment. Having studied life coaching with the Beautiful You Life Coaching Academy, positive psychology coaching with the Wholebeing Institute, mindfulness with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University, and completed the Brain Science and Wellness Education Program with the Neuroscience Academy, what she teaches is practical, applicable, realistic and doable. All her work is inspired by, and created from, proven scientific research in the field of positive psychology.