The Life + Me website is owned and operated by Life & Me Ltd. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for specific purposes. We use your personal information to support and enhance our relationship with you. We only share your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. You may contact us at any time with any privacy questions or concerns and to see the personal information you have given us and request correction.
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data (which may involve using third party technology):
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
When you register to purchase products through Life + Me we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, and contact details. We then keep a record of this information.
If you place an order with us and elect for us to store your credit or debit card details, we will keep a record of those details. We keep a record of any purchase/s you make from any of the Partner Sellers. This means both the Partner Seller and (in some instances) we can help to deal with any queries or problems you may have, and also so we can ensure that any information that we send to you is relevant. We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us, so we can track any problems or concerns you’ve had with any of the Partner Sellers on our website.
PERSONAL DATA USE
We use the information that we collect from you to provide and improve our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
All the information we collect via the Site or through correspondence (including telephone calls) with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Passing on your orders to your chosen Life + Me partner(s) so they can supply goods and services to you and for customer administration. Our partners may use subcontractors (including to assist with delivery and fulfilment) to process and provide your orders to you.
- Planning and managing our business activities, including analysis of customers’ shopping habits, success of advertisements and push notifications and product and style preferences of our customers.
- Technical administration of our website.
- Providing you with information about the services we offer.
- Letting you know about offers and news.
- Letting you know about offers, news and products from Partner Sellers on our site.
- To verify details of your payment method or credit card account.
These are the circumstances in which we may share some of your data with others:
- When we instruct agents, contractors or third party service providers to provide business operations support (including advertising and marketing advice and support), financial services and technology services. Please note that these third parties are under contract, and our service agreements dictate that they only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
We may monitor and review communications between you and our Partner Sellers, solely for the purposes of ensuring that your orders are managed appropriately by our Partner Sellers and our customer service team, and in accordance with the terms and conditions that we have in place with our partners.
DATA OVER THE INTERNET
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or shop at Life + Me, you’re agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment.
Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transations such as payments.
We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers.
Only employees, our partners and any third party service providers who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
OUR PARTNER SELLERS’ PRIVACY POLICIES
Our partners are bound by the same legislation as us, and if they gather or keep your information, they must give you all relevant information about their policy, as well as giving you the opportunity to opt in or out of certain ways in which they might use that information.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Please also refer to our Terms + Conditions. If you have any questions please contact us.